BACHELOR OF SCIENCE IN CRIMINOLOGY
PROGRAM EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES (PEO’s)
- PEO1: Pursue lifelong learning through advanced studies, trainings and specialized courses, scientific inquiry and criminological research.
- PEO2: Perform the functions required in the practice of the profession in crime prevention, law enforcement, scientific crime detection, correctional administration, public safety, and allied fields.
- PEO3: Achieve leadership position in criminology, criminal justice, and related fields while maintaining high standards of professional, ethical and social responsibility.
Program Learning Outcomes (PLOs)
Graduates of the BS Criminology program equipped with relevant knowledge, skills, attitude, and values shall be able to:
- PLO1: Conduct Criminological research on crimes, crime causation, victims, and offenders to include deviant behavior.
- PLO2: Value the concepts of Human rights and victim welfare.
- PLO3: Demonstrate competence and broad understanding in law enforcement administration, public safety, and criminal justice.
- PLO4: Utilize Criminalistics or Forensic Science in the investigation and detection of crime.
- PLO5: Apply the Principles of and Jurisprudence of Criminal Law, evidence, and criminal procedure.
- PLO6: Ensure offender’s welfare and development for their re-integration to the community.
- PLO7: Collaborate effectively and independently in multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural teams
- PLO8: Engage in lifelong learning and understanding of the need to keep abreast on the developments in the field Criminology and Criminal Justice.
- PLO9: Apply professional, social, and ethical standards in the practice of profession.
- PLO10: Effectively communicate orally and in writing using both English and Filipino.